Sunday, April 29, 2012

Buon giorno!

After a bit of a bumpy start, I finally made it to Italy. My flight was delayed by an hour and 20 min out of Dulles and so I missed my connecting flight out of Newark. This was, of course, the last flight to Rome. They routed me to Heathrow instead and to Rome from there. Since I was supposed to have arrived at 7 40 am and now arrived at 3pm, plans to get to Soriano had to be changed. I was originally supposed to have had a driver meet me at the airport, but now I would need to catch the train to Orte and I would be picked up there. I wasn't planning on taking the train, so I hadn't done any research on it and had to wing it a bit. I bought a ticket for a train leaving in 5 minutes. I still had to validate the ticket and get on the right platform. I jumped on the train at the last minute, with my suitcases, and crossed my fingers. Had an interesting conversation with the train attendant, but luckily she confirmed that I was indeed on the correct train and that no transfers were required.  Thankfully, she also told me what time the train was to arrive in the station because most of the stops I couldn't tell which station we were at until we departed again. I arrived in Orte about 6pm and was picked up at 630pm.  I was the last to arrive...so the party could begin!

1 comment: